In the literacy narrative analysis project my problem areas were much different from my other projects. I knew that I had to decrease my word count, and so I needed to develop strategies to determine what parts were of the highest priority for my final draft. One of such strategies included removing unnecessary evidence. An example of this can be seen above, I determined that another quote as evidence from Dodge’s paper wasn’t necessary and found a way to just summarize how it provides additional evidence. I also deleted an entire paragraph explaining my own literacy narrative’s involvement within the context of my analysis because I didn’t want any of my own bias to interfere with the point of the paper.
I did not add many new ideas to my paper. But I did attempt to clarify my thesis throughout the paper, as my peers explained that the terminology became confusing towards the end. My introduction was revised several times, as it was very difficult to find a way to introduce the topic without delving into too much detail. Finding a good hook into the main parts of my analysis took a couple tries, but I ended up settling on explaining the point behind analyzing the narratives. Starting with the insight provided about the individual’s attitudes and personality allows the writer to grasp the concept based on its importance rather than just telling them about the phenomenon.